Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster."--Goodfellas

Well, back to work tomorrow.  These past five days have flown by for me!  It was a nice break from work, and I'm happy to get back to our normal daily routine, but I had forgotten how nice it is to be home with my guys.

So, how did I spend my last day free from work?  Feeling like absolute crap and napping on the couch all day.  This all started Thursday night.  I had a little tickle in my throat, so I thought it was no big deal.  Then, I woke up Friday morning with a lot of drainage and a sore throat.  I still didn't think much of it, because it's been a horrible allergy season so far.  Saturday and Sunday I felt a little bit better, and went about those days not really thinking about it.  Monday the tickle came back, and it brought a friend: a lovely cough.  This morning I woke up feeling awful!  I couldn't breathe out of my nose, my throat hurt, I had a cough that was generated from my chest, and my ears were all clogged up.  FUN!  At noon I was feeling a lot worse, so I decided to see if I could get in to see the doctor.  Thankfully, they were able to get me in this afternoon.  The prognosis?  A flipping sinus infection.  I get these all of the time, so I pretty much had it figured out before I went to the doctor.  I had these same symptoms roughly two months ago, twice!  It has been an awful year for this crap.  They prescribed me with an antibiotic and sent me on my merry way.  Hopefully I start to feel better in the next few days.

I'll tell ya', trying to stay on a strict eating plan on a holiday weekend is very difficult.  I didn't do horrible, but I could've done a lot better too.  However, I did stick to my walking plan, except for yesterday and today.  Yesterday I didn't have any time, and today, well, I felt like crap, so getting some rest seemed like the obvious choice.  It's time to buckle down and get back on track.  I know getting back the the healthier eating and walking will make me feel better in no time.

Well, Ryder decided right now is his time to be crabby, so it's time to get him ready for bed.  Take care, have a lovely Wednesday tomorrow, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...