Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Find a truly original idea. It is the only way I will ever distinguish myself. It is the only way I will ever matter."--A Beautiful Mind

Hello!  Well, we had a very busy day yesterday.  We headed down to Bloomington around 8:45am and didn't get home until 3:30pm.  Ryder had his 6 month pictures taken, and they turned out super cute.  I will post a few at the end of this post.  Then, we went over to Meijer for a few things, then went into Country to visit everyone at work.  I like to take Ryder in there about every two months so everyone can see him.  He was such a good boy the entire time, and was all smiles during the whole visit.  We were there for about an hour, then had to go over to Sams Club for a few items.  Our last stop was at Menards.  We bought a bunch of crescent edgers and brown mulch to begin our landscaping project.  I'm still trying to decide on what I want to plant.  I want something very simple and easy to take care of...so I'll just need to shop around a bit.  We also picked out some new doors for our house.  On our next visit, I am going to pick out some paint colors so we can start painting our downstairs, and I want to look at some ceiling fans and light fixtures, because our current ones are completely out dated.  Oh, the joys of owning a home! :)

So, I am not sure what we're going to do the rest of this long weekend.  I think Darren and I are going to head back down to Bloomington sometime to go see the movie "Thor."  I heard it is an excellent flick, so we definitely need to check it out.  We need to make some other stops, and do a little more shopping.  I love shopping, so no complaint from me!

I took Ryder for a walk this morning.  I try to walk for a decent amount of time everyday.  Darren told me yesterday he doesn't know how I walk so fast, because he has a hard time keeping up with me, lol.  Anyway, I love going on walks with Ryder.  He gibber jabbers the entire time, and I absolutely love listening to him!  It was an interesting walk this morning however....with each step I took, my workout pants slid down little by little.  I guess that means the inches and pounds are coming off, but I really don't want to buy new clothes just yet.  I may have to break down and do it eventually, but I am waiting until it's absolutely necessary.  And this brings me to my next news:  I have now surpassed my second weight goal, and am well on my way to reaching my next one!!  I like to set moderately small weight goals, like 5-10lbs at a time.  Once I reach my next weight goal, I may announce how much I have lost....but we'll see! :)

I also have an update on my little guy: he has discovered he can prop himself up on his knees, and has started to rock back and forth. I think we are going to have a crawling baby not too long from now.  He is starting to get quite the little personality on him, and is getting to be pretty stubborn.  However, he such a happy little man, and smiles and giggles all of the time.  I love him more than words!

As promised, here are some of Ryder's pictures from his session yesterday:







I hope you all enjoy these pictures.  He did so good!  Have a great rest of the day, and thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I absolutely LOOOVVEEE that first one. So cute.

Sara said...

Thanks! That one is one of my favorites!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...