Friday, May 20, 2011

I have no idea....

Well, this is my first blog.  EVER!  We will see how this goes.  I thought I would start this whole thing off with some random facts about me...since this is a blog, and it's normally "ME ME ME!!"

** I married an amazing man on 10/18/08
**I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy on 12/6/10 via C-Section.  Ryder is my world!
**My family and friends are most important to me
** I am a movie fanatic. I will watch anything and everything, for the most part :)
**I love music as well. I am becoming more picky, but I'll still listen to most anything
** "Phantom of the Opera" speaks to me...no lie. It is absolutely amazing
**I am a huge, science fiction loving dork. 
** I want to meet Chewbacca from Star Wars...BAD!
** Darren and I incorporated Star Wars into our wedding reception...which was AWESOME!
** I bawled like a baby in the last Harry Potter book...like three times
** I would rather sit at home and have a good time rather than going to a bar...
** I love to bake and cook.
** I cry when I watch "The Little Mermaid" and "Beauty and the Beast."
**I am brutally honest, and have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. haha
** I am content in my own skin.
** I have a low tolerance for ignorance and stupidity. In all forms.
So, sorry if those are completely random, but that's the way my thinking is most days.
On to my first topic, which will probably come up again and again:  my weight loss regimen.  I have been doing this for almost 6 weeks.  I won't go on about how much I've lost, blah blah blah.  But, I will tell you that I have met my first weight goal, and am pretty darn close to meeting my second weight goal.  What am I doing?  Well, it started out as just counting calories and trying to walk as much as possible.  Recently, I decided to join weight watchers, mainly because I was curious if my calorie idea was matching up with their PointsPlus program.  It totally was!  I was so happy at that point!!  The other reason for joining:  the recipes.  They have so many yummy recipes on that site, I couldn't pass it up.  Plus, they endorse a lot of different food brands, and have their own snacks, which already have the Points value on them.  How easy is that?  So far, so good.  I have had my good days and bad days.  On the bad days, Darren is always there to pick me back up.  He believes in me, and that's all I can ask for.  It's a big motivater!!  Sooo...more updates to come on that.
Now, everyone warned me babies grow up fast.  I did not believe them until I realized it for myself.  My baby boy is almost 6 months old, and is dang close to 20 pounds already!!  Granted, he was a big boy at birth (10lb 2oz) but still, he is growing like a weed.  He has started to scoot a lot, so I have a feeling he will be crawling very soon.  I am having a serious baby itch going on right now, which I didn't think would happen this soon.  We'll see how that conversation goes with Darren, haha.
Well, I've babbled on long enough tonight.  Enjoy the rest of the night, and thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Great first blog! Love the background, very pretty! I hope this becomes a great outlet for you. Make sure to put in labels if you want to get more readers, and might gain ya a few followers with similar goals/interests, or if not that's cool too! I just thought I'd peek in. Had NO idea you were a SW fan! I dig Hans Solo myself. Have a good night!

Sara said...

Thanks Christy. You'll have to tell me more about the labels idea. And yes, I am addicted to Star Wars!!! Hans Solo is great, but I am definitely a Chewbacca girl. :) Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...