Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful

Hello all!  Sorry it's been a few days since I've written.  I wanted to get Monday-Thursday out of the way so I could enjoy my 5 days off!!  I am definitely stoked about the little break.

So, the title of my blog has some meaning behind it.  I'm sure you're all aware of the awful storms that have popped up and destroyed towns, homes, and not to mention lives.  I work in Insurance, and in close proximity to where the claims are filed, so I've heard quite a bit about what has happened and what these people are going through.  It really tugs at my heartstrings.  I've actually sat down and watched a few of the videos about the damage, and how people are still hopeful and looking for their loved ones.  It saddens me more than you can imagine and has brought me close to tears.  All of this has really made me feel thankful for the little things that I take for granted, like a roof over my head, electricity, being able to see my loved ones every day.....you get the idea.  There is one video that talks of a young male who had just graduated college.  He and his dad were in one vehicle, and the rest of his family in the vehicle in front.  They were very close to getting home, when the dad called the mom's cell and told her to pull into the garage and get in the house.  Before he and the son could get there, the son was sucked out of the sunroof of the vehicle.  The dad received injuries, but they haven't been able to locate the son.  There are other videos of families looking for their babies who are still missing from the tornadoes.  This is all so awful.  I ask everyone to please send your thoughts to these areas, and be thankful for everything/everyone you have in your lives.

I think that is about it for tonight.  Sorry if this was a bit of a downer, but I really had to let it out.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Thank you, Sara, for the reminder of how precious life is. I can't fathom what the families in the tornado-stricken areas are going through. It's a good reminder for me that I have nothing to worry about compared to others. Its a sober realization but one we need to know is out there because when we forget,that's when we take things for granted. I too am thankful for what I have.

p.s. Enjoy your days off!

Sara said...

Thanks Christy! I know, it's such an awful situation for all of those involved in the catastrophe areas that it really makes you be thankful for the little things.

And, yes, I hope to enjoy my days off. Have a nice holiday weekend as well! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...