Sunday, June 19, 2011

"And in the morning, I'm making waffles!"--Shrek

My title quote this evening is from the movie "Shrek."  All of those movies are absolutely hilarious, but for some reason, I always remember this quote.  Me and my dad would always laugh our butts off at this particular scene.  I LOVE IT!

So, this weekend was great.  Me, mom, and Ryder went shopping in Bloomington on Saturday and found some great bargains.  Almost everything I bought was one sale!  I completely forgot that Bath and Body Works' semi-annual sale is going on, so when I walked in, I was ecstatic!  Twice a year during these sales they bring back all of the discontinued scents, which happen to be some of my favorites, and sell them dirt cheap.  I bought five things and didn't even spend $20.  There were other great sales going on in Baby Gap and Kohls, so all in all, it was a good day in the mall.  We went a few other places, then headed home for the day.

Today is Father's Day, so let me start by saying HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of the dads, especially my own!!  And, a very happy first Father's Day to Darren!!  I think both of these guys enjoyed their gifts!  It was great just being able to spend time with family today.  We went down to mom and dad's for a cookout, and my aunt and uncle were there to spend time with us as well.  After we got home, Darren's mom and his grandma and grandpa came over, so it was a great day with family.  Below are two pictures: one of me and dad; and one of Darren and Ryder in honor of Father's Day.
 Me and dad a few years ago. :)  I like this picture a lot!
This is one of my favorite pictures of Darren and Ryder

So, yesterday when I was talking about my weight loss, I fibbed a little bit without knowing I was fibbing.  Turns out, my scale is not accurate...AT ALL!! Darren and I both tested it with the new one I bought, and it was weighing a couple of pounds heavy.   I am proud to annouce that I have met my first weight watchers goal, and have surpassed it by 3 pounds!!!  YAY!  Once I hit my next goal, I will probably let everyone  in on the secret of how much I have lost.  I will say this:  I bought a couple pairs of new capris, and they are still big on me, so it looks like I will have to buy another size smaller. :) 
I will leave you with a picture I took of my little man today.  He is sitting up all by himself, his hair is a hot mess, but he still looks adorable. :)
He's getting so big!

That's all for tonight.  Have a good rest of the night, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...