Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Houston - we have a problem."--Apollo 13

My title does hold some significance this morning....

So, I had to do a quick post because it was a rather traumatic morning...ok, not really, I just blow things out of proportion, especially when it comes to my little guy.  This post is about "oh no!" mommy moments thus far.

My very first "oh no!" mommy moment was when I was clipping his fingernails when he was maybe 6 weeks old, he moved, and I got a portion of his finger.  It started to bleed, he bawled, I bawled...ugh!  It was awful....

I had my second "oh no!" mommy moment this morning.  Ryder was sitting in his crib, fell forward, and smacked his forehead against the side of his crib.  And this was no little tap---it was HARD!! The poor little guy immediately started bawling, but only cried for about 30 seconds.  This was the first time he's ever hit his head really hard on something.  Of course, he occasionally falls backward while trying to sit up on his own, and hits the back of his head on the blanket he's sitting on....but this was completely different.


As you can see from the pictures, he is completely fine.  He did have a red mark on his forehead from where he hit it against the crib, but it went away.  I really hope he doesn't get a bruise.This probably effected me more than him, but that's what it's like being a mom.  I am definitely very protective over him!

That is all for now.  Have a good Saturday! Thanks for reading!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...