Sunday, June 12, 2011

"My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get."--Forrest Gump

So, my title has a little bit of meaning behind it....you really never know what you're gonna get.  I've really started to relate to this quote lately, with the main reason dealing with my little man.  Let me explain:

One minute, he is a happy go-lucky baby.  He is all smiles, and laughing and giggling like crazy.  The next minute, he is screaching at the top of his lungs, or whining and rolling around on the floor.  He is really starting to get quite the personality on him.  He's in the stage right now where he throws an absolute fit if you put him down, take a toy away, or leave the room that he's in.  It's not real crying; there are no tears.  He is just whining, and then looks at you to see if he's caught your attention, and if you leave him where he is, he starts whining and screaching again.  I think most of it is his frustration.  He wants to crawl so bad, but he hasn't quite gotten it figured out yet.  He will hop forward and scoot, but then fall back down on his belly.  I think within the next couple of weeks, he will be a crawling monster, and hopefully that will take away some of his frustration.  I think another huge part is teething.  He already has one tooth, and when it finally broke through, he cried for 3 hours straight.  He has been very clingy and irritable lately, just like he acted when he got his first tooth.  So, I can definitely see some more teeth pushing through in the next month or two.


This is Ryder playing with his new race track.  He was not in a good mood, and really didn't enjoy this too much.  He was actually scared of it at first.

Please don't misunderstand my post.  I am not complaining AT ALL!!!  Everyone, including babies, have difficult days where they may be more crabby than normal.  I just think it's funny how fast their attitude's develop and change.  Ryder is such a wonderfuly joy in my life; I couldn't ask for a better baby!!!  I just love him to pieces!

We introduced a few new things this weekend: mixed fruits and veggies, Puff snacks, and a sippy cup.  He loves the mixed foods, but he is not sure what to think of the other new items.  Here are two pictures, one of him trying Puffs, and one of the first encounter with the sippy cup.  Both will take some getting used to for him, but he does really well with new things, so I'm sure he will be enjoying both in no time.


Well, that's about it for tonight.  Try to have a wonderful Monday tomorrow, and thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...