Monday, June 13, 2011

"My precious."--Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

My quote this evening really doesn't hold any significance to my post...I just really love Lord of the Rings.  I could watch them over, and over, and over, well, you get the idea.

So, today was a pretty good day...for the most part. 

It started out fine.  I got a nice walk in at work this morning, which made me feel amazing!  Plus, they have our usual stairwell closed at work for some maintenance, so I have been walking extra through the building to get to my desk.  I may just do that from here on out.  Someone at work actually made fun of me today for how I was walking around.  He said it looked like I was "on a mission."  Well, I am on a mission: to lead a healthier lifestyle.  This whole experience is not just about the weight loss for me.  It's ultimately about feeling better, and getting myself on a track where I always feel like a winner.  Of course, the weight loss is a very nice incentive, but, it's not all about that.  I constantly have to remind myself of that, because it's really very easy to lose sight of the importance of why I am doing what I'm doing.

So, anyway, I had to go to my dermatologist today to discuss my regimen for my psoraisis.  Basically, I am going to continue what I've been doing: using a very expensive steroid/vitamin D cream combo, and hoping that it helps.  I really wish there was a cure for this....and no, it's not contagious.  It's something I've lived with since I can remember, and I'm sure I will always live with it.  I've come to the conclusion that it will always be a part of me...and that's ok.

There was a minor issue that unfolded once I got home which caused me to have a small melt down, but it's all good.  It has nothing to do with Darren or Ryder, just something I was made aware of that I really didn't like.  GRRR! :)  I will not go into details, because I really don't want to be negative...

Anyway, that's enough of the complaining.  I really hope this week goes by as quick as last week.  I am working a half day on Friday, then I have a few errands to run, then hopefully we can actually get some work done in our yard.  I also have some Netflix movies I could sit down and watch.....but we'll see.  Maybe I'll just send them back.  I have had them since February...haha.

Well, that's all for tonight.  I will leave you with two pictures I thought were absolutely precious...

Ryder fell asleep on the floor, so Mickey cuddled up on the blanket and snuggled against Ryder's feet.  In the last picture, MoMo just had to join in on the love. That's all for now....thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...