Friday, July 22, 2011

"No one will surrender tonight, but I won't give in. I know what I want."--Twilight

My title quote is from "Twilight."  The movies are decent....not the greatest. However, I could sit down and watch all of them in a row and be completely satisfied, so that counts for something.  The movies have gotten better and better as the series progresses.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the books!!  It's probably one of my favorite book series; I was engulfed while reading them.  I still like "Harry Potter" more, but the "Twilight" books rank pretty high on my list of faves as well. :)

Today was a pretty good day.  It's still too warm for my liking....which is why I don't understand on two of the hottest days this week I decided to run out on my lunch and tan.  I figured it would be the last thing on my mind this warm week, but really, it relaxed me.  Both days I dozed off while tanning...plus it was nice to get out of the office for a while.

I've been bad this past week and the week prior about pre-making my lunches.  I normally either take a salad from home, or make a very healthy version of macaroni salad, potato salad or chicken salad.  It is then carefully measured out into the correct portion size.  Yeeeeeaaaahhh, that hasn't happened lately.  Here is what my lunch was today....
Yes, I am the dork that takes pictures of my lunch, and I don't care.  This salad is AMAZING!!  Trust me, it looks like a lot of ranch, but there is a lot of green yummy goodness underneath.  You may also notice a lot of croutons.  They are homemade, and delicious.  It probably isn't the healthiest salad, but at least it's not a greasy burger and fries.  Ick! Work has a fantastic salad bar!! This is not my typical salad.  My salads usually consist of two cups of premium romaine lettuce, and two tablespoons of fat free dressing.  Nothing else.  It gets old very quick!

Tonight we went over to Grandpa and Grandma Stephen's house for dinner.  Lisa, Daniel and Aunt Diane were there, along with family friends from Austria.  It was good food with great people.  It was nice to see everyone.  Little man was getting cranky around 7:30, so we left, came home, fed him and put him to bed.  Now, I plan to relax with the hubby, maybe eat a little ice cream, and hit the hay.

I keep forgetting to update everyone on my weight loss....sorry.  I am 3 pounds away from my second goal.  It's been a bit more difficult this past week with the craziness, but I have not gained anything, and still managed to lose, so that's a plus.  I'm not going to stress out about it, and just take it day by day.

Oh yeah, Darren and I are discussing buying a camper in the future.  We are thinking of looking at the pull behind travel trailers...well, I suppose you get the idea.  If anyone has any suggestions on a camper/a good type of vehicle to haul it with, I'm all ears!!
Have a good night, and thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...