Saturday, August 13, 2011

"I'm an artist, torture is a prerequisite."--Dawson's Creek

My title quote is from my favorite show from my teen years, "Dawson's Creek."  I still love the show.  It has one of the best series finales I've ever seen from any show.

Today has been a crazy busy day.  We made the trek to Bloomington around 8:30 this morning to get to Ryder's appt to get his "9" month pictures taken.  I know he recently turned 8 months, but we decided to get these done a little early because we have no time to get them done next month.  Anyway, the session did not go too well unfortunately....there were two photographers in the room with him, and they were very abrasive and loud towards him, which he is not used to, nor does he like much.  After the first few pictures, he started bawling.  I would get him calmed down, but then they would make him cry again.  They only took about 40 pictures, which is only a little over half of how many they usually take.  I felt so bad for the little guy....he was so upset towards the end. 

Here are some of the pictures that were taken...
It started off good

This was after the first melt down...they had won back his trust at this point, haha

Still being cooperative

The smiles have left the building

He didn't know what to think

He didn't know what to do....

So, he let out some big cries....poor thing

Once we left the studio, he was completely fine and happy.  We headed over to Verizon to get our new phones and plan set up.  Then, we went to the mall to do a little bit of shopping, then we ate at Bob Evans.  I always forget how much I love that place, but I quickly remember after the first bite of my meal.  Good stuff!  After lunch we took Ryder into work so the weekend people could see him for a few minutes.  The last stop was at Meijer, then we hit the road to get home.

We stopped at mom and dad's once we got back into town, and I decided to play with my camera a bit.  Here are some pictures I took over there....hope you like them!  You can really see the detail if you click on the photo to enlarge it.
Spending quality time with Grandpa and Grandma Potter

Looking outside

View from the outside

Close up of some flowers





Cactus photo

The sky cleared up pretty quick after the storm rolled through

Sky after the storm

More flower pics


I really enjoy taking pictures, and I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing more of them. :)

That's where I will leave you tonight.  Hope everyone had a great Saturday.  Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...