Friday, August 5, 2011

"Whoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."--Thor





Now, you’ve all heard me talk about the movie “Thor.” I actually discussed my movie experience in a previous post….remember, the frisky teens sitting in the corner…doing naughty things...ick. If you don’t remember, or for some reason missed that one, click here….anyway, I can’t stop thinking about this movie. This makes me think it’s going to be one of my new favorites. It was so much different from other Marvel comic movies I’ve seen. I guess a word to describe it would be mythical. I. LOVED. IT. I can’t wait for it to be released on Blu Ray!!!


It has been one long week….and I don’t have the slightest idea why. I’m definitely ready to spend the weekend with my sweet pea and hubby. 


I am very antsy and excited….We bought a new camera online a few days ago, and I can’t wait for it to get here. It’s taking forever to ship, so I am a little frustrated about that, but oh well. It is one of those D SLR cameras, and it came with two different lenses, a gadget bag, and a 4GB memory card. I didn’t think that was too bad with starting out. I love taking pictures, and I can’t wait to get this new found hobby under way!! I’m still trying to decide if I want 9 month pictures taken of Ryder… I may start to feel all professional and legit once the camera arrives, haha. I guess if I feel like I take good enough pictures, I will try to orchestrate a photo shoot myself. It could be fun, or disastrous, or both, you never know…..


I’ve also decided that I want to purchase the editing program Photoshop. Now, I know nothing about this program, and Darren told me he knows a few things, but not a lot. I have been told that it is very difficult to learn, and I should get a “Photoshop for Dummies” book as a learning tool. As soon as I pick up Photoshop, I think I will head to Barnes and Noble to pick up the book. I am willing to sit down and fiddle fart with the program, but I really hope it’s not a lost cause…..I’ll let you all know how it goes once I actually get the program. For pictures that I take immediately when I get my camera, I will use my trusted website picnik.com for editing projects.


Tonight should be pretty uneventful…we just returned from our usual grocery shopping trip, and now I plan on attempting to get caught up on “Jersey Shore.” I still have some episodes to finish in season 3, only a few though. Then, I will be all ready for the first Italy episode. My DVR is calling my name!! I’m really not in the mood to cook dinner tonight, and I think Monicals sounds rather tasty. Well, what do you know, it just arrived! :)


Have a lovely Friday night everyone! I plan to…   Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

Jarrin said...

i have photoshop and it is a NIGHTMARE! i can't figure it out for anything so i use aperture [mac program] a ton instead... maybe i'll go get that photoshop for dummies book you're talking about too! :-] good luck!

Sara said...

Haha, thanks! I think I'll need all the luck I can get with all I've heard about learning Photoshop. However, I did hear when you finally learn it, it's definitely worth it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...