Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Can't Believe....


Well, today marks the 10 year anniversary of 9/11.  I can't believe it's been 10 years since that tragic day....I still remember that day as if it just happened.

I was in 10th grade in 2nd block Biology with Doc. Kilgus.  I remember discussing this with friends the rest of the day, just trying to make some sense of what happened.  I remember going home after school, and watching it on TV with my parents.  I remember trying to understand why this happened and how it could've happened.  My heart went out to those who lost their lives, to those with loved ones they would never see again, to everyone in the USA that was feeling any heartache or sadness.....

Today (and really, everyday), please take time to remember those that lost their lives, and those that made the ultimate sacrifice 10 years ago. Please remember those brave and selfless individuals that continue to fight for our country today. They all deserve our utmost respect, gratitude, and love. Always remember 9/11/01...never forget those we lost.

So, on to some happy posting... :)

Yesterday, we really didn't do much.  I started our weekly laundry loads, and we decided to go up to Lost in Time for lunch again.  Their food is so delicious!  Darren and I tried some of their ice cream with caramel sauce for a little dessert after lunch...OMG was it good!!  I highly recommend Lost in Time to anyone and everyone looking for a great meal.

After lunch we came home and relaxed for about an hour, then decided to walk up to Ace to get a few things for our grill.  Then we walked down to mom and dad's house to invite them over for a "cookout" that night.  Jeffro wasn't home, so we invited Kinzey over to join us. :) We ended up grilling out cheeseburgers and hot dogs, and I made my party potatoes.  We also had some of Daves potato salad and spagetti salad.  It was all super yummy.  It was good to spend time with family.

Today, we finished up the laundry, and went down to mom and dad's to eat chili and watch the Bears game.  I thought they played pretty decent today, and they won the game!! GO BEARS!!


Little man was just too darn excited from watching the Bears beat the Falcons!


So, our little crawling machine is trying to turn into a walking machine....it's freaking me out a bit.  Darren and I actually sat down this morning and watched a bunch of home movies from when Ryder was born, and when he was a lot smaller than he is now.  I can't believe he is going to be 1 in under 3 months.....time goes by too fast, that's for sure!  So anyway, the walking....well, I think I've already mentioned Ryder pulls himself up and "cruises" around the furniture.  Now, he's becoming a bit braver by letting go of the furniture and standing by himself for a few seconds.  I think the longest he's stood there by himself is 30 seconds or so.  He also has this little toy that he can walk with.  We got a video of him walking with it this morning...he takes a little spill at the end, but he was completely fine and not hurt at all. :)
He just started doing this yesterday, so I think he's doing pretty good with it already, little fall and all. :)

We don't have any other plans the rest of the day, so I think we're going to take it easy.

Have a good Sunday night, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...