Ok, so, this is sort of out of the blue, but I have an AWESOME recipe to share. I have a new addiction to a website, Pinterest.com. It's a website where members can "pin" different ideas for recipes, photography, decorating, etc... it's a great site. I found this recipe today, and decided to try it for dinner tonight. It was a slam dunk in my opinion.
I did adjust a few things:
**Instead of using 6 tablespoons of butter, I used three. You may not need to use butter at all.
**Also, I melted the butter first, then put the spices and salt/pepper in with the potatoes and mixed it together. The recipe says to just mix the spices in with the potatoes, then put pats of butter throughout the potatoes in the casserole dish. Do whatever you'd like. :)
**The recipe would probably taste just as good with fat free ranch dressing and low fat cheese. I didn't use fat free. I used regular Hidden Valley ranch, and regular colby jack cheese. Again, do whatever you'd like. :)
Cheesy Ranch Potato Bake
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Evenly distribute the butter over the potatoes.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven, and mix in the cheese and Ranch dressing. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
ENJOY!!!! These potatoes were amazingly good!!
Have a good night, and thanks for reading!