Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Totally Nuts?!

So, I made a pretty important decision today....a decision that I am extremely proud, excited and terrified for....Today, I decided to go back to school!! 

After I got my Associates, I got busy with work, planning our wedding, getting married, got busier with work, and had a baby...so I didn't go back to get my Bachelors completed.  All of those are excuses....I should have gone back sooner than this.  In a way, I feel like a failure.  I mean, I know I've done successful things, and I have done very well for myself at my job.  I've made wonderful friends and contacts, but I know I can do more.  I want to make my family, friends, and course, myself proud.

I know it's going to be difficult, but I know I can do it.  I have confidence in myself and in my capabilities, and I am excited to start this journey!!  What makes this even better is Darren's never-ending love and support.  We sat down tonight and talked this through quite a bit.  He thinks it's a great idea and he supports me 100%!  I know he'll be there for me through all of the highs and lows and will keep rooting for me and pushing me to succeed. I couldn't ask for a better husband!!

So, I will be completing my bachelors degree through an online accredited college.  They also have a campus, but it's out of state, plus, online works better for me anyway.  I've always excelled with online courses, so I'm not too worried about that aspect of this.  I've already talked to an advisor about everything, and I will be starting in a few months.  I would start sooner, but I want to finish my insurance designation course at work first.  One school project at a time! :)

 I will be pursuing my Bachelors in Public Relations and Marketing with a specialization in Project Management.  I really like the marketing aspect in business.  I've taken a couple of courses about marketing before and LOVED it!! Plus, I was able to choose the specialization of project management.  I've done a few projects at work and loved doing it.  I am super excited for all of this to start!  This program will also give me 9 credit hours towards a Master degree, which is icing on the cake in my opinion.

So, that's my big news for today!  OH!  One more thing....I GOT MY PURSE TODAY!!!  I will take a picture and post it later.  It's beautiful, and I LOVE IT!!

Today was a good day! :)  Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...