Thursday, October 6, 2011

A New Camera Lens=A Happy Camper

Sooo, I finally got the rest of my pictures loaded from this past weekend.  I need to work on the layout on here so the pictures load a bit larger.  Click on the picture to see them in a little more detail. :)

It was so beautiful by the lake


This little "brook" was right by our cabin.  I was testing my shutter speeds...I think this one turned out good!

I think this picture is adorable

The water looked gorgeous

The colors in the sky were breathtaking our last night

Darren was throwing rocks into the water

And skipping them to make the water ripple...like this :)

It was so relaxing.
Here is the fog and mist over the lake the following morning

I thought it looked pretty cool

I was ready to get home, but sad to leave at the same time


With the above pictures, I was testing out the different aperture settings and shutter speeds.  I am trying to get the hang of taking pictures in a complete manual mode.  It's harder than it sounds!! 

 That's why I bought a new lens.  The aperture setting can go a bit lower than the two lenses I already have.  I got the lens today, so of course I had to test it out.

Here is one of the first pictures I took.  I wasn't in the aperture priority setting yet, so the blurred background wasn't where I wanted it to be.

MoMo kitty.  I really like this picture of her!

Mickey puppy :)  I like this picture too

What a little ham!

I think I'm finally getting the hang of the different settings...well, the aperture at least!

He looks innocent....but don't let that fool you.... haha

Finally got a picture of Mala kitty

I decided to go outside and take some pictures up and down our street.  I wish the trees were changing a bit more.



The photographer took similar pictures like this at our wedding.

I may light the candles next time to see if that changes the effect much.

The verdict on my lens??? I LOVE IT!!! There is another lens I am looking at as well.  I've already talked to Darren about eventually buying a better camera.  Ours is perfectly fine, and I really love it, but this other one I found is really calling my name.  We'll see how long I can hold out!

We have a birthday party to go to on Saturday, so I'm hoping to get some pictures working on the shutter speed aspect, and then putting the two together and really work on the manual picture taking.  Fun fun! :)

I also have a video to share.  I don't remember if I mentioned this on here or just on Facebook, but Ryder started walking last week.  Not just little steps.  He is a walking machine.  This video is of Ryder walking...I think he's doing good with it all!


I can't believe we have a walking 10 month old....time has gone by way too fast.  Wish us luck!

Well, I think that's all for tonight.  I think I am going to relax and watch the new "Grey's Anatomy." Have a good night, and thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...