Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Catch-Up

Sooo, I know I'm way behind.....sorry.  This week after work, I kind of put my computer "alone" time on hiatus.  I realize this makes me a horrible blogger...again, I'm sorry.  However, I have lots of pictures to share, so I'm sure you'll all forgive me by the end of this post.  :)

Christmas was amazing!  Of course, we were all completely spoiled and received way too much, but really, that's not what Christmas is about.  For me, Christmas is about being with family and enjoying the holidays together.  We definitely did plenty of that!  I was excited for Ryder to open his gifts this year.  Since he was only a little over two weeks old last year around Christmas, I was eager to see how he would react.  Basically, he would rather play with an old dish towel than open gifts, let alone play with any of his new loot.  Now, I'm sure next year we'll be singing a completely different tune.....even though Ryder wasn't really "into" it, I think he still enjoyed himself, and he definitely had a great Christmas.

Here he is Christmas morning, ready to see what Santa brought!

Santa brought Ryder a new Toy Story toy box, loaded with toys, and some new clothes.

Santa also brought Ryder the Little People Zoo.  

He actually really likes this "fill and dump" wagon that Darren and I got him.  It comes with blocks that you can fill into the back,


As you can see, he'd rather play with Mickey's toys than his own....

After this, we went over to Gridley to Darren's side to eat lunch.  Sorry, there are no pictures of that...it seems someone (ahem, me) forgot my camera.  Shame shame!  

After Gridley, we went over to mom and dad's to finish out the Christmas festivities.  It was a nice evening...I was able to put on my comfy clothes and relax.  I love laid-back nights/holidays like that. 

Mom always has a very pretty tree.  She is good at decorating. :)

Ryder got a little bag chair.  He seemed to like it!!
Thank you to Uncle Jeffro and auntie Kinzey for his new Pumas!  I can't wait till he fits into them! :)

He loves those little chuck trucks!  He has a ton of them.

**WARNING: NOW ENTERING THE NERD-ZONE**
In my stocking, I got this neat little Yoda marshmallow lollipop!  Mom also got us some Star Wars books!!  Yes, I know, I'm a geek.  Proud of it! 'Nuff said...

This one is a Storm Trooper marshmallow lollipop that was in Darren's stocking.
**LEAVING THE NERD-ZONE**


This is another gift I always look forward to.  I collect snowmen, and mom gets me a new one every year for Christmas!  

There were more pictures, more gifts, and much more family fun, but as always, I don't want to bore you with all of that.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and enjoyed spending it with your families/loved ones.  That's really what it's all about!!

P.S.  I have the best hubby EVER!  I am now the proud new owner of a Kindle Fire.  I must say, it's pretty awesome.  I miss reading, so I can't to load some books on it and jump back into reading every night.  

That's all I got, folks.  Have a good night, and thanks for reading!

OH--so I lied....I wanted to mention one more thing:  S & D Maurer Photography is now booking sessions for 2012; January-May.  These sessions can be in our in-home studio, or at a location of your choice.  Sessions can be for any occasion: newborn, baby/toddler, couple, family, engagement, maternity, etc.  Wedding info can also be provided upon request.  Please see our website for more information.  You can also check out our Facebook page for more information.

Thanks again for all of your support!! :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...