Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wowza!!

Our baby boy turned one yesterday....

Yep, this little guy is now ONE!


I'm still not really grasping the reality that we now have a one year old.  In my mind, Ryder is still that little chunker baby with that amazing baby smell and is still making those adorable little cooing noises.  You remember those days, right?  When you could leave a room with the baby on the floor on a blanket, and when you'd come back a few seconds, or even a minute later they would still be in the same spot?

But, the reality is, we have a toddler, who constantly keeps us on our toes.  He walks, "talks," slobbers, and seems to always have wet little hands and fingers.  He is teething, so he currently has that lovely runny nose that is like a leaky faucet.  However, we also have the little toddler that loves to play, hug, say ma-ma and da-da, among other "words," and has a smile that can light up a room.

Jeez.....still can't believe it.  One?!


The time...it goes by too quick....

They don't stay little forever like you think they will....


They grow, and learn, and make you so proud to be a parent!
Love you little dude....hope you had a great first birthday!

Along these same lines, we did have a small gathering for Ryder on his actual birthday.  His real party is on Sunday, but I just couldn't let the day of his birthday pass by without celebrating a little bit.  I'll apologize in advance: I didn't take a whole bunch of pictures.  Dad had his camera and took some of Ryder opening a few gifts and for the smash cake.  I need to load his pics on my computer sometime.  So, here are two pictures I decided to load from my camera....
As you can see, he was the birthday boy!!...and a slobbering mess....


One of his gifts from me and Darren was a small Toy Story couch.  He already loves bouncing on the dang thing.....

Sooo, we did have a small smash cake for him.  He hated it.  HATED IT! He bawled, and bawled, and bawled.  I'm blaming it on the fact that he was tired and teething.  

So, that's it of my pictures.  Sorry again.  I'll make sure I take quite a few at his party on Sunday.  Darren and I got him a gift that we think he's going to LOVE, so I can't wait to see his reaction.  I'm hoping he does better with his cake that day, but who knows.

That's it for tonight.  Have a good night, and thanks for reading! :)















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...