Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Anticipation Comes to an End....and So Does the Flu

The flu bug has been running rampid throughout our house this week.  Last Saturday, Ryder got sick twice, but then was completely fine.  Darren and I were fine all weekend.  Monday night I woke up suddenly just not feeling right.  I tossed and turned the rest of the night, and, well, it didn't end so pretty.  Then, Darren wound up feeling crummy too.  Our house was definitely NOT the place to be Tuesday and Wednesday.  Luckily, we are back to our healthy selves.....but I'll tell ya', it had been awhile since I had gotten the flu.  I forgot what it was like.  Yuck.

As promised, I have something exciting to share.  To me, it is some pretty darn exciting news.  Here we go folks!

 Remember awhile back, in this post actually, when I discussed going back to school for a business degree?  Well, Darren and I sat down and really talked about it and thought it through.  I ultimately decided to put it on the back burner.  I was too busy working, doing the mom  and wifey thing, working on the insurance designations, and ultimately, learning more about my new passion, which we all know, is photography.

Well, recently, Darren and I talked again about me going back to school, but this time, it was about going back to school for photography.  I am happy to report that beginning Monday, I am the newest student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, working to obtain a degree in Portraiture Photography.  I AM SO PUMPED AND EXCITED!!!!  Once I finish, this will give the title of being a professional photographer!  I am so eager and ready to get started!!!  That means....


I really get to test my skills, and take pictures and get really awesome critical feedback.  Know what else it means??


I get to take pictures for homework.....I get to do something I LOVE for homework!!  I am so excited!  

I have been waiting and waiting to announce it, but I wanted to wait until it was official.  It became official a few days ago, but, I was a little preoccupied with the chummy flu, and didn't the chance to say anything.


That's all I have to report for now, but I feel like I have just gotten a load off of my chest, and I am so happy with that this post is FINALLY out in the open.  It all feels more real and solid to me now! :) Have a good night everyone, and thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...