Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Favorites

Can I just say, again, how proud I am of myself?  I am shocked that I keep remembering to post a little favorites list at the end of each month.  Most days, I'm surprised I remember to get dressed, get my kid ready, and head to work.  Things are so extremely busy lately that my mind really starts to wander and I start to think of everything at once and I can't remember the small stuff....

 This morning was rather tragic.  I packed my lunch, but forgot to put in my ice packs to keep it cool.  Oh, but don't worry, because since I am seriously extremely resourceful in almost any situation [insert hyterical laughing here] I remembered I have a bag of disposable cups at my desk.  I decided to fill one with ice since we have an ice/water machine at work, and to stick my container of ranch in said cup to keep it cool. It worked surprisingly well...and I've patted myself on the back multiple times today.  I'm floored that I came up with this solution.  And, instead of going to Arby's like I normally do when this happens (which is more than I'd like to admit) I ate the lunch I brought....and thought of Arby's.
Anyway, on to the favorites!! :)


I have an addiction, you can call it an "ugg-session."  My heart flutters and goes pitter patter for UGG boots and slippers.  These slippers in particular are fantastic.  I wear them every day as soon as I get home from work until I go to bed.  I even wore them out and about on Sunday.  They are the most comfy slippers that have ever had the privelage to grace my feet and tootsies. 

 
Catching Fire and Mockingjay:  the second and third books from The Hunger Games trilogy

If you are looking for a good book/series to read, pick up these books.  I couldn't put my Kindle down!!  These books have a really great story line; it isn't corny or weird.  It's very raw and packed full of emotion and action.  I want to re-read all of them, but another book series has my interest at the moment.  I'm sure this new series will make an apperance on my March favorites list. :)


I always have something small to eat for breakfast each morning.  It really helps get me going.  I used to eat yogurt every morning, but after doing it for months straight, I needed something new.  These little sandwiches are just the ticket.  They are low in calories, and they are pretty tasty.  Each kind I've had has been good.  I highly recommend these little b-fast sammies.


Where has this stuff been my whole life?!  I am a pop-drinker.  I always have been.  I am partial to the diet pop selections for the simple fact they have zero calories.  Diet Coke is ok, but I missed the flavor of Coca-Cola itself.  I had completely forgotten about this stuff.  I love it.  It makes me feel complete.
There you have it, folks.  Have a great day, and as always, thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...