Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Don't Do This Very Often....


I don’t start drama; I avoid it.  I don’t complain; I embrace most anything.  I am my own person, content in my own skin, for the most part.  However, I admit, I am not perfect.  Not even close.  I have said and done things I wish I could take back, but the truth of the matter is, I can’t.  And you know what?  I apologize for the wrong I’ve said and done.  It’s not who I want to be.  I know that this is common with EVERYONE.  No one is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes.  It’s how we deal with those mistakes that makes us who we really are, and who we ultimately want to be.

But, I don’t understand people sometimes….as much and as hard as I try, I just don’t.  I don’t understand how they can post such horrible things, or just plain rude things, as a status update on Facebook. I don’t understand why we can’t all just help one another by being supportive.  I’ve noticed all of this a lot more since we’ve started our photography journey and business.  I don’t understand that if/when there is a problem that someone has with someone else, they don’t discuss it privately.  What is the dang point of posting it as a status update for everyone to see, even if names aren’t mentioned?!  Or, how people can “dish it out,” but ignore someone when confronted.  It’s very, VERY frustrating to me.  It’s immature.

Like I said in a previous post, if people have the same ideas as one another, it’s interpreted as copying…not being original.  It’s so hard in the photography industry.  It really is.  Instead of judging each other and blaming one another for “copying,” we should be embracing one another; bouncing ideas of one another; and just be supportive.  This is definitely not the case.  I wish it was, but we all know it’s not.

There are pages that I have “liked” on my Facebook, and I’m SO happy that I’ve done so.  They are pages where photographers (pro, hobbyist, amateur, etc) congregate, support each other, give ideas and opinions, and just discuss their love for photography.  It’s SO GREAT!  I wish it could always be like this, especially with those of us doing the same thing locally.  

It would make a world of difference…..but I don’t think it’ll ever happen.  And that’s so unfortunate.  Like I said before, I can just do what I do, and be proud and happy about it.  

Thanks for listening to my vent session….I appreciate all of you readers, and all of you that support the decision I’ve made to pursue photography.  It means so much, and I couldn’t ask for better group of people in my life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...