Monday, March 26, 2012

"May the odds be ever in your favor."--The Hunger Games

The hubby and I had a Sunday fun-day date, and we went and saw "The Hunger Games."  Here is the trailer if you want to take a peek... :)



The movie is based off of the first book in the trilogy series.  The books are absolutely fantastic, and I recommend them to anyone and everyone.  Within the first chapter I was hooked, and I love it when that happens!! Before seeing the movie, I would suggest reading the book as well, just to be able to fully understand the and appreciate what's going on in the movie.

  Now, mind you, I am pretty picky when it comes to movies based off of books.  Don't get me wrong, I'll still go see them, but I am usually disappointed.  It's pretty much slim to none when the movie comes close to being as good as the book, or if the movie is better than the book.  So, what did I think of this particular effort......?

I really liked it!  I thought it was a pretty good adaptation of what was depicted in the book.  Of course, key points (or, what I thougth were key points) were left out of the movie, but, it still worked.  I mean, I get it....It's hard to include every-stinkin'-little-detail.   The acting was excellent, and it was actually believable.  The effects were not over-bearing, and what special effects were done actually went well with the movie.  The emotional portrayal of the characters was well done as well.  I teared up in a few parts because it was very raw, powerful, and you could feel the hate and sadness the characters had to convey.

All in all, I give this one two thumbs up.  D-Ron liked it as well...(he is also a nerd and is a fan of the books).  It's definitely worth a viewing on the big screen. :)

That's all she wrote folks.  Thanks for reading! :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...