Monday, May 14, 2012

"The Avengers"...Yay or Nay?


This weekend Darren and I had a little date afternoon/night in B-Town.  We did a little shopping, went to see a movie, and had some dinner.  It's nice being able to get out by ourselves every once in awhile, even though I do miss little man while we're out doing our own thing.

After much anticipation, Darren and I went to our favorite theater to watch "The Avengers." 


I was a little worried how this one was going to pan out, simply because it has A LOT of main characters packed into one movie: Captain America, Thor, The Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, The Black Widow and Nick Fury.  Yeesh....that's a lot of super hero power in one flick.  I was worried that emphasis would be put on one or two of the characters, and the rest would be left in the dust looking like pitiful sidekicks.

You know what??

.....I shouldn't have worried at all.

THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! 

First off, the storyline was very good.  I was fully engulfed in the movie the entire 2+ hours.  I usually look at my phone to see how long until the end of a movie....yeah, I didn't do that this time.

Each character got ample time in the movie so it wasn't one-sided, and some parts in the movie were really funny!  I laughed out loud quite a few times.  The acting was not fake/phony, and each actor's portrayal of their character was believable and sincere.  I was clutching my seat in a few parts because I was genuinely scared for the characters and worried about what may happen to them!

The special effects were justifiable due to the nature of the movie, so it all made sense and it really didn't seem over-done.

 If you're not a fan of action movies at all, you may not like this.  BUT, if you're a fan of any of the other Marvel movies/comics, or if you like action movies in general, you should probably go see this.


SO, with all of that being said, I give this a big YAY....an A+......10/10 stars.....two thumbs up....a round of applause.......I'm running out of things to say........

Trust me when I say that it takes a lot to really get me excited about a movie and to gush about it like this.  I will be seeing it again...and maybe again....and maybe once more after that.   I should just live at the theater until the movie runs its course, and then I can just buy it on Blu-Ray and never leave the house.

But...seriously folks....

GO SEE THE AVENGERS!

Lata' gata's!! Thanks for reading. :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...