Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Some Thoughts

I was talking to Darren and my parents the other day about how I can not imagine life without Ryder.  I was sitting there thinking..."what the heck did we do before we had him?"  It's amazing how much we took advantage of all the free time we had before having the little guy, and now we are so incredibly busy that I long for some extra free time to stroll my way.  You know what though?  Our definition of busy may not be remotely close to what others endure on a daily basis.  It's amazing how lifestyles can differ so drastically from family to family.

I asked Darren what we did in the days pre-child, because honestly, I don't know how we filled our time in those days.  He said that we ran around a lot; went shopping/to the movies/out to eat; took small trips every so often; stayed up late; slept in....yada yada yada.  I know it hasn't been that long ago, but seriously, I'm going to say it again, I cannot image a life without our little dude.




I can't believe there was a time when I didn't have this little man to take pictures of...or to kiss...or to hug...


Not only are we busy with Ryder, but we also work full time, work on our photography biz, and I decided to go back to school.  On top of all of that, we are trying to sell our house so we can move into the other one.  Our lives are so crazy and hectic, I sometimes don't know how we get it all done and manage to keep it all straight.

To be honest, I  have days where I have small breakdowns and can't believe I have this much on my plate, but then on the flip side, I think this busy lifestyle suits us.  For me, it keeps me motivated and busy, and above all else, happy.  I love having a family to spend time with; I love having a photography passion worth pursuing; and I love being able to learn more about it in school (even though I may not always admit my love for school, haha).  Even though I like being busy, some extra free time would be nice every now and then, but I think everyone feels that way from time to time.

Am I the only one to think this way?  Do other people wonder what they did with their time before adding to the family?  Does anyone else sometimes feel completely overwhelmed, but still enjoy the busy bustle?  I know I do....it can make for some very confusing, emotional days.

Happy Wednesday!  Thanks for reading. :-)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...