Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It Takes Time....

I am just a tad bit irritated today, mainly because I am bogged down with a bunch of crap, mainly school assignments.  These two classes are heavy work loads, and my professors seem to be pretty particular.  This is all fine and good, but, I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to my schooling.  I may be silly for thinking and acting this way, but, it's the way I am and how I've always been.  Let's just hope I can pull it together and get back into the swing of things. 

I had to turn in 8 total assignments in the past 4 days, three of which were 'shooting' assignments where I go out and take pictures for critique, and the other 5 assignments were discussion questions where I had to answer questions, and cite the references appropriately.  This involves research, and above all else, time.  The 'shooting' assignments take diligence, patience, and much like the discussion questions, time. 

I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, but, I seem to always feel the way at the beginning of a new class.  It always takes me a little while to get acclamated with a new class and the professor's standards.  This time, I think I am more on edge because I have two classes to get ready for and get used to, not to mention get used to two different professor's way of grading, analyzing; basically everything!

I just have to keep reminding myself that it takes time...

I also have to remind myself that just because I get a 95% or a 90% on an assignment, or a 'B' in the course, that does not make me a failure...

Above all else, I have to remind myself I am going back to school for a reason, and I'm extremely lucky to have found something I love to do.

It's easy to forget these things sometimes.

Happy Tuesday, and thanks for reading! :-)

3 comments:

Katie said...

It is good to be particular in your schooling because that will transfer over to your carreer when you graduate! Good for you!

But hopefully you get a little bit of a break soon! :)

Claire said...

I also get stressed out whenever I attend my MA classes, mostly because majority of my classmates are so good and I feel this need to measure up.

Good luck with your classes!

Sara said...

Thanks ladies! I've been trying to stay positive, and I'm hoping things get a little easier as I get further into the class. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...