Friday, September 21, 2012

A Break

Today, the hubby and I had a serious heart-to-heart.  We made a decision...such an important one.  We decided that I should take a break from my classes.  This decision did not come lightly, nor was it something I really wanted to do.  It was something I needed to do at this time.  I just feel like I have so much on my plate, and the things/people that I should be concentrating on, I'm not. 

The important thing now is that I concentrate on myself, my family, and the business, all of which seriously lacked in much needed attention.  So, once things are more balanced, I will go back and complete my degree. I know people say that every day and never return, but I will.  I have to.  I don't like to leave things unfinished, and this falls into that category.  This is just a small hiccup in my academic journey, and hiccups go away eventually, right?!  Plus, it's just a break...nothing more.

I feel good about this decision.  Of course, I am not overly thrilled with it, but I feel good about it.  In my mind, that's enough.

Now I get to spend more time with these faces:







I am happy, and that's what counts.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Such a hard decision to make, I'm sure! But it's also tough to feel good about yourself when you're spread super thin and can't give anything the deserved attention. I hope your balance returns quickly and easily! :)

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I am sorry that you had to make such a hard decision! Glad that you are still in good spirits and finding happiness!

Claire said...

It's sad that you had to make that decision but there is nothing more important than time spent with one's family.

I think you are very lucky you can make that kind of decision.

Sara said...

Thanks ladies! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...