Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gahhhhh

First and foremost, I am so sorry for being a sucky blogger.  I promised to use this space to update you all on the Maurer world, and I have seriously fallen short of doing this.  To be quite honest, we have been so busy, there isn't too much to update you all on.

A few things happenin':

-We have a wedding to photograph this Saturday.  It's supposed to be a very brisk, chilly, sunny day.  With all of the color changes going on with the leaves in the trees, I'm sure the views will be no less than spectacular. :-)

-Our pup, Tanner, is doing really well.  We have had a few accidents in the house, but, I expected as much.  We are crate training, and he's doing pretty well with that.  The howling and crying has become less frequent, and he seems to be pretty comfortable running around the house.  He is such a sweet little thing. :-)

I just love this little pup. :-)

-Ryder throws tantrums and whines a lot.  Yeah.  It's fun.

-Last night as I was going through my nightly Facebook rummage, I ran across a comment on another photographer's page that someone had left on a picture she had taken.  It basically said something to the fact that she wished that this photographer could have taken the pictures they had taken elsewhere. Guess who was the one that actually did them?  Me.  My guess is that this person didn't think I would ever see this comment.  Well, I did.  So, needless to say, I was a little aggitated at this point.  I am trying to build this business and learn and grow, just like everyone else.  I have only done a handful of newborn photos, and I am still learning the ropes.  So, mine may not be as glamorous as another photographer who has been doing them for a few years longer than me.  I don't know....I guess I really don't know how to take that comment she left?  I want people to like the work I do and be satisfied, but this comment almost made me feel like this person wasn't.  I am trying to get a thicker skin when it comes to this, but, like everything else, it takes time.  I'm trying to not let it get to me, but it still does.

-I want a cookie.  I think I deserve one.

That may be it for today, folks.  Thanks for reading and enduring through my ramblings. :-)

9 comments:

Kenzie said...

I think you are an amazing photographer and I will be using your for all my future children!! I have been in love with all of your photos! :) Keep your head up, you do great work!

Sara said...

Thank you so much Kenzie! Seriously, that means a lot! :-)

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Such a cute puppy!

Erin Friedman said...

WELL... I LOVE your work!! :) And I know Emily is bummed she tried to get you for her wedding, I told her to change the date so you could do them! haha(I know she was thinking Oct. nxt year.)

Sara said...

Thank you so much Erin! You are so sweet!!! I was SO sad when I had to tell Emily we were already booked! :-(

Ashley said...

Awww Tanner!!! How cute is he??!

Tamara said...

Is there a way to bottle up adorable puppiness and sell it to the masses? Because if so, you can totally do it with that one! So cute!

Sorry about that comment, I'm sure the commenter didn't think you'd ever see it - but that doesn't make it any better. Try to brush it off and make your next set of photos better than the last. That's all you can do.

But if you need me to dropkick someone, I've totally got your back. :)

Claire said...

I know I would probably feel the same way if I were in your shoes but it always helps to remind ourselves that we cannot please everyone. I guess what's important is that so many people like us think you're great.

You really take great shots, so you you really should forget about that comment. :)

Sara said...

Thank you so much everyone. Your support and kind words have really made my day. :-) I'm trying to just shrug the whole thing off.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...