Friday, October 12, 2012

Liebster Award

Hello friends!  My lovely blogger friend Claire, who is super awesome by the way, nominated me for the Liebster Award!  I just want to send a big thank you to Claire; it is seriously awesome to be nominated! :-)

Now the fun begins, my friends. :-)

So the rules are:

1. Thank the one who nominated you
2..You have to write eleven things about yourself
3.  You have to nominate eleven promising bloggers who have less than 200 followers and tag them in your post
4. You have to give them eleven questions to answer
5. You should not tag back.

Here are 11 things about myself....and I have to admit, this was a bit difficult.  I didn't want this to be a snooze fest, but, what can ya' do? ;-)

:::one:::
I don't really color my hair, but when I have the desire to get this done, I have it colored basically the same shade as my natural color, only it's more shiny and vibrant. Weird?

:::two:::
I can't sleep wearing socks.  I actually have to be a bit chilly to fall asleep, and to stay asleep.  So, no socks on my tootsies during my snore-filled slumber.

:::three:::
I can't stand meatloaf.  Yuck.

:::four:::
I used to memorize the dances in music videos for the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, and Britney Spears.  I still remember them.  I think that puts me in balla' status.

:::five:::
I own over 300 DVDs/Blu-Rays....obsessed much?

:::six:::
I don't really know how to do my hair....like at all.  I can rock the straight style, and I rock a mean pony tail basically everyday, and sometimes I can pull off the curly do....  I need some hair lessons.

:::seven:::
I bite my nails.  It's a terrible habit.

:::eight:::
I like to eat/cook with fancy cheese, because it makes me feel dainty and fancy and stuff.

:::nine:::
I am a tad outspoken and strong-willed.  Ask the hubs.

:::ten:::
I don't like to write with pencils; just pens.  I get excited when I go buy new pens to use, they're fun to shop for!

:::eleven:::
When I was younger, every year for my birthday I would get collectible clowns, like Emmett Kelly ones.  Every. year.  I'm sure they are worth some dolla' bills now... Want to know the funny part?  I'm kinda' sorta' scared of clowns.  I always slept with my back to them.  I'm not as scared as I once was, but they still freak me out. 

Was that random enough for you?

Here are Claire's questions and my answers:

1. What is the color that best personifies you? Why?
I would say brown.  It's not the brightest or most beautiful color, but it's neutral and fun.


2. Who was your celebrity crush while growing up?
Joshua Jackson from Dawson's Creek.  Omigawd....I had the biggest crush on him!!


3. Ice cream or cake?
This is too hard.  I like them both, but not together. You know how birthday cake is usually accompanied with ice cream?  I skip the ice cream part because I don't like what it does to the cake.  I guess if I had to choose, I would choose cake.


4. Show us your favorite dress.  (I know this is not a question, but hey, maybe we can bend the rules a
    little.)

I love wrap dresses, like this one!


5. If you were a season, what would you be and why?
Fall--the weather is awesome, the colors are gorgeous, my birthday and anniversary are in the Fall, the food is fantastic....I just adore fall and all of it's awesome-ness.


6. What do you want for  Christmas this year?
I would love some new lenses for my camera. :-)


7. What make-up item can you not live without?
My mineral powder foundation.  It feels so light and it doesn't look like I have make-up caked on.  LOVE the crap out of the stuff!


8. What is your favorite dessert?
Cupcakes.  'Nuff said.


9.  What did you do on your very first date? Did you enjoy it? Why or why not?
I remember going on my first "real date" with an older boy that could drive.  It was a big deal because none of the other boys my age could drive.He took me to a street dance in a nearby town.  It was completely awkward, but the guy was incredibly sweet.  We dated for awhile, and eventually drifted apart and went our separate ways.  We remained good friends throughout the years.  He passed away not to long ago, which was incredibly hard to go through.  I miss him and think of him often. 

10. What is your favorite expression?
"Excuse my French."  I say this quite a bit....I have what some may call a 'potty mouth.'  I've been trying to watch this more, especially since we have a child that repeats things.  My bad, gosh darnit!

11. What is your favorite movie?
This is the toughest question for me to answer.  I simply can't do it.  You can't make me.  I can't choose ONE favorite.  Here are a few:  'The Shawshank Redemption', 'Star Wars' (all of them), 'Lord of the Rings', 'Love and Basketball',  and 'Father of the Bride.'  Sorry, I cheated.  ;-)

Here are my questions for the nominees:

1.  What is your favorite song?
2.  What country would you love to visit and why?
3.  Do you have a show that you watch religiously each week?
4.  Do you have any hobbies?
5.  What do you love most about blogging?
6.  If you could eat one food every day, what would it be?
7.  What is your favorite holiday?
8.  Do you have any pet peeves?
9.  What is your favorite movie?  (you know I had to ask since I LOVE movies) :-)
10.  Do you have a favorite article of clothing that you wear all of the time?
11.  Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Here are my nominees:

Katie @ Take Two
Genna @ Freed at Last

There you are ladies, have fun and enjoy!

Happy Friday, all! :-)

5 comments:

Claire said...

Wow! 300 DVD's is a lot. Sounds like you have a movie library at home. :) Wish I could come and visit...love movies!!!

I hate writing with pencils too! It just feels weird.

I liked Joshua too so much better than Dawson.

Sounds like your first date was really memorable. I got sad when I read what happened to the sweet guy. God bless his soul.

I enjoyed reading this post. So fun to get to know you more!

Sara said...

Yes, I have a slight obsession with movies. In fact, I just bought two more this weekend. :-)

Uhm, Pacey was SO MUCH better than Dawson...hands down!

This was tons of fun! Thanks for nominating me, Claire!

Amy Perdew said...

Awww, thank you so much! I can relate to many of your 11 things. Who doesn't want more vibrant and shiny hair. I can relate on the sock bit in bed. I also share the strong willed and outspoken one. Having a fear of the collectable clown collection you have is kinds funny. They are creepy in a way, but pretty. Thank you again for nominating me. I hope you have a great day.

Amy Perdew said...

Oh I will post soon.

Tamara said...

I'm lame. I haven't responded to this but just wanted to say - THANK YOU SO MUCH! You are amazeballs to the core.

I totally can't stand socks on my feet either when trying to go to bed. It's just wrong.

I also bite my nails. I quit for a bit when I was pregnant, but shortly after having Lillie started biting them again. I'll go weeks wtihout and then I'm all fingers galore in my mouth. I hate it. Bleh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...