Monday, November 26, 2012

A Quick Update

Do you ever have those days where you are so thirsty, and no matter how hard you try, you just can't quench that thirst?  Yeah, that's me today.

Oh...yeah...the update thang...

:::Thanksgiving was great.  I decided to be brave and try the Pioneer Woman's recipe for mashed potatoes.  I wasn't sure how this would go, because I usually make them the day of, and mash them up right before we eat.  I will NEVER make mashed potatoes that old way again.  This recipe is the shit.  No lies. These potatoes were AMAZING!!!!!  I highly recommend making them the good ol' Pioneer Woman way!

:::I decided to be crazy and go Black Friday shopping at 9pm on Thursday night.  I don't think I'll do it again for a few reasons. 
a.)  The crowds were ridiculous.  And someone made a comment to me stating I had no self respect.  I didn't say or do anything to this person, except maybe squeeze in an already moving line gravitating towards the entrance to Target.  It was interesting and made me chuckle.

b.)  There's nothing I needed that bad.  I didn't get the TV I wanted, and I talked myself out of the iPad.

  So, what did I buy?  A shark steam mop, a blu-ray player, and a Xmas tree.  I also bought some misc. stuff for Ryder, but nothing that I couldn't have gotten any other day.

You know what's crazier?  After getting home at 4am, I got back up at 8am, and went back out shopping.  I'm a dumb dumb.

:::We've started decorating for Christmas.  We have our tree up and our outside lights up.  I've even started addressing our Christmas cards.  I'm usually doing this crap 2 weeks before Christmas.   At least I'm on top of something this year....

:::Me and my brother's fiance Kinzey drug the boys to go see 'Breaking Dawn Part 2' Saturday.  Of course, the guys could care less, but Kinzey and I about had a conniption fit at one point.  If you're a fan of the movies and/or books, you should go see it.  It wasn't bad at all.

:::Sunday was spent running a few errnads/editing/catching up on house crap.  I'm still not caught up.  Yay.

Happy Monday, folks.  I hope your day has been splendid. :-)

3 comments:

Abbey said...

oh man. glad you survived black friday shopping! I don't think I'll ever be that brave.

Claire said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a lot of fun shopping!

I'm definitely going to try the mashed potatoes!

Sara said...

Claire-- I highly suggest the potatoes. SO good! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...