Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm Terrible at This

I'm not a 'fashionista' by any means.  I dress for comfort most of the time.

I know how to straighten my hair, and put it up in a ponytail....and that's basically the extent of it.  I haven't held a curling iron in years.

I know how to apply makeup, but I rarely go beyond the minimal powder concealers.  I used to be a mascara oficianado, but, that has slowly diminished. 

What does the above have to do with anything?

Well, the hubby's work Christmas party is coming up, and I'm trying to figure out what to wear.  I want to be able to rock a cute look, spanning from what I'm wearing to how I've dolled my face and hair up. 

I'm. not. good. at. this.

So, I'm putting together a little outfit idea for the work Christmas shin-dig.  The dress is casual, and in past years it has been a mix of dressier attire to people wearing jeans.  All of it is acceptable. I'm definitely a jeans person....so here's what I'm thinking:

Women's Tie-Belt Short-Sleeve Cardis

But, instead of a short sleeve shirt, I would layer it with this:
Women's Scoop-Neck Softest Sweaters

or this
Women's Vintage-Style V-Neck Tees

BUT, there are so many colors to choose from.  Which route should I take?  Should I stick to a more neutral laying shirt, like white or cream?  Or, should I make it more colorful, like turquoise, green, or a pink/red color?  I have no idea.

I'm thinking a pair of skinny jeans will look nice with this, because I found these awesome boots that I may just have to get.  They are wide-calf, which is exactly what I need:
Plus Size Jali Tall Buckle Wide Calf Boots image

I think I would stick with this color, or go for the darker brown color.

I'm getting my hair trimmed and colored on Monday, so I'm hoping I can do something cute with it.  Thoughts?  I have super thick, wavy/curly hair.  I normally straighten it, but should I curl it as well? 

Gah....I wish I was better at this crap.

Any help anyone can give would be amaze-balls.

Happy Thursday, friends. :-)


1 comment:

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I wish I was better too. I am super crappy with makeup. Even crappier with hair...

I like the outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...