Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm Trying

I feel like I can't stay on top of anything these days.  I've been trying to be a better blogger and post more about how the Maurer world goes 'round, but instead, here I sit, almost a full week since my last post, which really wasn't a 'written post' as much as it was just an abundance of pictures of my kid.  Which isn't a bad thing, but, I want those pictures to be accompanied by actual words, too. 

I know I say this all of the time, but I am so incredibly busy that most days I don't know my left from my right..(no, seriously, the hubster was giving me step by step directions in the car yesterday, and when he told me to turn right, I turned left).  I wish I was kidding about that last bit, but it really happened.

I feel like my time is fleeting, and I am missing out on the very important family together-ness that is already extremely limited.  At times I just want to drop everything and take a few minutes to myself....and take a few minutes to spend with my fellas.  But, at the same time, I have a responsibility to get things done, to get sessions edited, to get everything in line for the week, to get the bills paid, to get dinner made, to get whatever else needs to be done, done.  It's never-ending.  This is life, right?

I just wish there was more time.  I do the best I can under the circumstances, but I wish I could do more.  It's so difficult working basically two full-time jobs, and staying on top of the home stuff, and setting aside ample family time.  My husband is seriously amazing and helps me out so much, and for that, I am so incredibly lucky and thankful. 

On top of all of this, the holiday season is upon us, which is normally my favorite time of the year.  This year, I don't feel like I'm ready to jump right in like I usually do.  I usually love decorating my house, but now all I can think about is whether or not I have the time to dig out those boxes. 

I think hope I am just in a funk.  I am lucky to have what I have, and to have so many amazing people in my life...and that makes this just a bit easier to face.

Sorry this was such a downer....but I already feel much better for getting some of this 'heavy' crap off of my chest.

Now...where's the chocolate?? ;-)

Happy Monday, peeps!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...