Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012: A Big ol' Bust

This Christmas, well, let's just say it won't go down in the books for being the merriest or the brightest for our little man. 

It all started Friday....

I picked Ryder up from daycare, and I could tell he wasn't feeling the best.  We figured it was just a cold and it would run its course.  Yeah, not so much.  Ryder had Darren up every hour Friday night going in to Saturday morning coughing and and crying.  Poor little guy. :-(

Darren took Ryder to the doctor Saturday morning, and was told that Ryder had croup .  He was given a steroid med to help with his airways, and we were told it would be better in about three days.  

I'd like to say this happened, but, c'mon, this story would not be complete without a little more disaster.

Darren and I got sick as well.  Yep.  All three of us were down for the count.  Perfect...just perfect, right?

Darren was starting to feel better by Christmas day, but Ryder and I were still a couple of coughing, sneezing, snot-filled messes.  It was beyond ridiculous.  I'm surprised I don't permanently smell like Vicks Vaporub.

We had some family over Christmas Eve, and that's when my voice started to go.  I sounded like an 80 year old that has smoked their entire life.  It was the icing on top of the cake for sure.  We were all such a hot mess....I knew Christmas Day wouldn't be much better.

Christmas Day consisted of Ryder crying/coughing, me coughing/blowing my nose, and Darren playing the part of the most healthy one in our family.  Ryder didn't open any of his presents himself, and spent most of the time clinging to me or Darren.  

Because of this, I have zero pictures from this Christmas.  In all honesty, my camera was furthest from my mind...and all I wanted to concentrate on was trying to get our little man feeling a bit better.  

Darren and I are still off of work today, so we took Ryder back to the doctor to see why he hadn't gotten any better.  Turns out, he now has an ear infection in one ear, an infection that was beginning to form in another ear, and still has a bad cough.  He still gets to take his steroid medicine plus an antibiotic for the infections.  Poor fella. :-(

So, there's our Christmas saga.  Sounds like a hoot, eh?

We still got to spend time with our families, which is really what the holidays are about, so that is a huge plus.  It was nice getting to spend time with everyone. :-)  I am so thankful for all of the wonderful family and friends we have.  They are so incredibly caring and we would be lost without all of them.

I also want to say a huge thanks to everyone that helped us celebrate Christmas.  We were all very much spoiled by the gifts and generosity this year, and we couldn't be more thankful for all of it.  We love you all so much!!! :-)

I hope you all had a great holiday, filled with laughter, fun, and good health, haha. :-)  

Here's to hoping New Years is a bit better!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you're all feeling better.

Bev said...

hi. i'm following the "GFC" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.
http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

thanks
new follower bev

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...