Monday, January 7, 2013

Have Any Bad Hobbits?

A few weekends ago, the hubby and I decided to go see "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." 


I had been highly anticipating this movie, mainly because I am a huge fan of LOTR, and since Peter Jackson was the director, I figured it would definitely be worth seeing on the big screen.

Since I didn't get to see it opening weekend, I heard all of the buzz on the radio, read some reviews that had been posted online, and talked to a few friends that had already seen it.  People said different things: it was slow; it wasn't as good as LOTR; go in a little under-whelmed and you'll enjoy it just fine; it's great; lots of filler; etc....

So, I went in being pretty impartial and unbiased about the whole flick.  With all of that being said, here's what I thought....

I REALLY enjoyed this movie.  The pace of the movie wasn't slow, for me at least, and I thought it was just as good as "Fellowship of the Ring."  It was more comical than any of the LOTR movies, which made for a very entertaining experience.

The cinematography in this movie was completely up to parr with the other LOTR flicks.  They are visually/musically stunning, and I really get caught up in the beauty of movies like these.  This one was no exception.

I was pretty impressed with the casting in this movie as well.  Martin Freeman did an OUTSTANDING job as Bilbo.  I absolutely loved his potrayal of the character!  All of the actors potraying the dwarf characters did a phenomenal job as well.  And, of course, Ian McKellan playing Gandalf is always a win/win.  Putting all of them together made for an exceptional movie that really brought Tolkien's novel alive!

I don't like to give a lot away when doing these "move reviews" because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone that is planning on seeing it...but trust me when I say it is definitely worth a viewing on the big screen.  It is very entertaining! :-)

I am not sure three separate movies is entirely necessary in this case, considering the book is rather small, but, I am looking forward to the next installment.  I am glad it's already under a year away!! :-)

There you have it.  So, if you liked LOTR, or just like going to the movies, I think you'll enjoy this one.  Go see for yourselves. :-)

Happy Monday, peeps!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I saw it at midnight on opening night and I thought it was awesome! Obvs, all those people who told you otherwise have NO idea what they're talking about. =P

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I just saw and enjoyed the movie on Saturday!

WhisperingWriter said...

That sounds entertaining :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...