Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Double Trouble Tuesday

I'm joining in two different link-ups today beacuse, well, I want to.

The end. ;-)

First up, I'm linking up with Lauren and Tiffany for Tuesday Topics. 
The Austin Family Diary

Today's topic is three pieces of jewelry.

Well, I hate to disappoint, but, I am not much of a jewelry person.  I don't wear bracelets, earrings, or necklaces.  I wear my wedding set and a watch.  Watches count, right?

I love my rings and my watch.  I wear all three every day.  I'm hoping to get another wedding band this year for our 5 year wedding anniversary!  *hint hint Darren* ;-)



 I'm also linking up with Abbey and Tamzilla for Training Tuesday! :-)


Clean Eating:  This has been going pretty well, throughout the week at least.  Weekends are more of a struggle since we're always on the go, go, go! But, I am still feeling much better physically and emotionally and I have much more energy.  I snapped a pic of what I eat every day.  It's really been working for me, so, I haven't really strayed from this menu:


Greek Yogurt for breakfast
Banana for a snack
Greek Yogurt, carrots, cheese snack for lunch
Apple/Peanut Butter for a snack

It may not seem like much, but, I've been trying to eat every two hours, and that has definitely helped. 

Workout Attire: Last week, after advice from all of you lovely ladies, I decided it was time to shop around for a new pair of work-out shoes.  Based on my feet and what was the most comfortable for me, I got a new pair of Nike Dual Fusion shoes, and they are pretty sweet. 


They are so comfortable, and are a bit wider than the other pairs I was trying on.  I wanted a pair that would work for the different work-outs I have planned, and these definitely fit the bill. :-)

Work-Out Update: Still walking.....I didn't realize how out of shape I was!  It's been getting easier, but still, when you go so long without doing a damn thing, it's hard to get back into it all.  I have yet to get my ass kicked by Jillian, but I'll hopefully have an update on that front next week.  Wish me luck, yo'. 

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Abbey said...

I think you're doing great! The walking really helps so much, even if you can't tell right away!

meg m said...

walking is an awesome start!
you will love Jillian when she kicks your ass. such an amazing workout.

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Awesome job! Keep up the walking :)

I forgot my watch! I wear the same one whenever I'm not working too.

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Watches totally count! :-)

AiringMyDirtyLaundry said...

I don't wear a lot of jewelry either. You have pretty rings!

Tamara said...

I'm not much of a jewelry person either. I have my wedding band, earrings (I just started wearing them at Christmas) and a necklace with Lillie's name on it (Christmas again). I do have a lot of crappy $2 jewelery from our dranking days but that's pretty much all Lillie's now. Haha.

Clean eating: I struggle on the weekends too. It's really hard since it's not as structured as my workdays. I feel your pain. You're doing great though - I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel after eating crappy food now since I've been really trying to eat better.

Workout Attire: Those are some pretty sweet shoes. Personally, I love getting new gear because it makes me want ot hit the gym or pavement even more to wear it.

It's really hard to get 'into' shape when you've been out of the game, but be patient & keep going! One day you'll look up and be like "Oh snap, I didn't even get winded doing all that?!" and it's going to be amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...